Monday 23 July 2012

THE PROMISE.....

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN BY WRITER'S SPARK............

 


I'm going to be a mother...

The fact that there's a baby growing inside me made me run to the toilet and tried to vomit the mixed emotions out of me.

Tears raced down from my eyes as I imagined what my Mom would tell me. I was such a disappointment... I was an ungrateful daughter to a woman who tried to give me everything I needed to have a fighting chance in this tormenting world. I was such a failure... A big one.

I had a dream. I had planned my life - my life with Mom. I promised myself I will work hard - for us. I promised myself I will give her everything that she wanted, the same thing she'd been doing for seventeen years.

I cuddled my pillow as random thoughts came rushing like an open faucet. I was trembling in fear - what will happen to my baby when she grows up? Will I be able to support her? Will I be able to find a job? Finish my studies? Find a man who will take the two of us? Treat her like his own? How would I tell Mom? How would I be able to look her in the eyes and tell her that her little girl's pregnant?

My thoughts were cut short as I heard footsteps. From the sound of it, I knew it was Mom's, which made me wipe my tears and quickly pretended to be asleep.

I closed my eyes and hoped she wouldn't notice I was crying. I wasn't ready to tell her yet... I don't want to hurt her...

I heard the door open as she soon entered my room. She sat beside me, gently brushed my long black hair with her hand as she made herself comfortable and shared the bed with me.

I remembered when Dad left us for another woman. I was crying the whole day in my bed and my Mom didn't leave my side, assuring me that everything will be fine. That we'll get through this together...

She hugged me from behind as she reached for my tummy. I cried, as she whispered in her most loving tone, "Everything will be all right...".

2 comments:

  1. Neelam Madiratta23 July 2012 at 22:54

    To start a new journey in your life your first step should be positive, very positive.

    ReplyDelete