Thursday 19 July 2012

AND WE FOUND OUR NEW HOME......


 

AND WE FOUND A NEW HOME…

Nobody told me what happened but somehow I knew that something was wrong. I saw my mother’s face; her expressions were enough for me to sense the trouble. I walked out of my home and in the lawn saw the sign ‘FOR SALE’. I was terrified.

I saw my mom coming out of the home; she had tears in her eyes. She was expecting numerous questions from my side but I didn’t ask a single one. ‘We are now homeless’, her eyes said that all. I continued walking behind her.

Like other homeless, we also started living on streets. First few days were very painful. But I somehow consoled myself because now I had to be calm. I am big now and have to support my mother.

There was one Dhaba on the other side of the street. I used to go at the back side of that and whenever the owner and workers gets busy, I jumped in and stole food to eat. So this was how we stayed alive. But I was not so lucky everyday. Some days we had to sleep with our empty stomachs.

Truly speaking, I never imagined my life so miserable. I never imagined that for food I have to steal. Life changes so fast and on that day my life changed again.

I and my mother were roaming in a garden when it started to rain. It rained very heavily. My mother and I started to look for shelter but didn’t find any empty shelter. Then we saw someone’s personal garden in front of their house. We decided to go there.

In their garage we found our shelter. My mother knew that if someone saw us their, they will not be happy. But we were helpless because of the rain. We had to remain there, if we have to remain alive.

One whole day passed but the rain didn’t stop. The garage was filled with the dirty water.

We were hungry, we were thirsty and we were almost half sink in water. Our body was saying to us that ‘we were about to die’. ‘God please help us’ was the only wish I had.

The rain stopped but we were so weak that we cannot move at all. We wanted water; we wanted food as we wanted to live. Suddenly a new problem arrived. I heard someone coming. Our heartbeat rose. There was a little girl there. She saw us and screamed:
“Mom………. Come here fast.”

Her mother came running she saw us and said:
“Oh, my god. They are not looking good, they are all wet. Honey, run inside and get a towel.”

Little girl ran inside and came back with a towel in her hand.

“So, cute. Can we keep them with us in our home.” That little girl said to her mother while giving towel to her.

“Yes my girl. We can take them with us. You take that kitten with u and I will take that big mother cat with me. They will now live with us.”

So finally we found a new home…………      

No comments:

Post a Comment